All students at Parkside Academy, including those with SEN&D, are actively encouraged to voice their opinions or concerns when the need arises. There are a variety of ways students can do this:
- The first point of contact is the tutor who meets with their tutees daily.
- Year Leaders are attached to each year group and are available throughout the day to speak with students. They remain with their Year group for the whole of a student’s time at Parkside.
- Often students will speak directly to their teachers who will escalate concerns to the appropriate member of staff.
- SEN&D students will have a HLTA link teacher with whom they can communicate freely at any time.
- SEN&D students are actively involved in annual reviews and support plan review meetings.
- With regard to safeguarding issues, the whole school procedure will be followed to overcome any issues.
- Additional support is also available to some students from professionals such as counsellors and the Educational Health Needs Team
At various points through the school year, feedback is gathered through reviews, HLTA link meetings and questionnaires. This helps us to gather feedback on SEN&D provision as well as whole school initiatives.