The school budget, received from the Local Authority, includes an amount to be apportioned to supporting pupils with SEN&D. The Head Teacher decides on the budget for Special Educational Needs in consultation with the school governors, depending on the needs in the school. The Head Teacher and the SENCO discuss all the information they have about SEN&D in the school, including;
- The pupils receiving additional support already
- The pupils who are in need of additional support
- The pupils who have been identified as not making as much progress as would be expected, to then decide what resources/training and support is needed.
All resources, training and support are reviewed regularly and changes made as needed.
Who are the other people providing services to children with an SEN&D in this school?
Directly funded by the school
- Teaching Assistants
- Higher Level TAs
- School Counsellor
- Education Psychology service
- Occupational Therapy
Paid for centrally by the Local Authority but delivered in school
- Sensory Service for children with visual or hearing needs.
- Speech and Language Therapy (provided by Health but paid for by the Local Authority).
- School Nurse
- The Inclusion and achievement Special Educational Needs Team.