Evaluating the Success of provision.
The success of Parkside Academy’s SEN&D provision is evaluated through:
- The monitoring of classroom practice by the SENCO, Heads of Department and Senior Leadership.
- The progress made by SEN&D pupils in terms of target grades in core and other subjects.
- The performance of SEN&D pupils in nationally accredited tests and examinations.
- The analysis of pupil tracking and testing data for both individual pupils and cohorts.
- The monitoring of policy and practice by the SEN&D Governor.
- Comments from parents and pupils
- External evaluation by Durham LA and OFSTED inspections
- Parental involvement, especially attendance at reviews.
- The Governors’ Annual Report to Parents
- Information will be collated in order to self-evaluate the success of the department, building on success and looking for areas for improvement and innovation.