‘Your Child is Our Child’
To ensure every single pupil receives the best possible teaching and the best possible learning so as to:
- motivate our pupils to have high aspirations and achieve their full potential
- prepare them as fully as possible to aim for a positive lifestyle beyond school
- help them grow into mature and responsible adults
- raise their awareness of the needs, rights and responsibilities of all members of our community
- ensure we support all students with their wellbeing and mental health needs
Achievement: we hold high expectations of ourselves and of all our pupils; we want all our pupils to achieve success, to have their achievement praised and celebrated.
Sharing: we encourage all pupils to share in their own learning and in the range of educational activities that the school and its community can provide.
Respect: respect for ourselves and respect, consideration and tolerance for the needs and views of others.
Honesty: both with ourselves and with others.
Co-operation: the ability to work with others, to recognise the contribution that other people make to our learning and our development and to support and lead other people in their learning and their development.
Self-reliance: the ability to take responsibility for our own actions and to grow as individuals.
Equality: both of opportunity and respect.
Encouragement: to help us to approach our work with enthusiasm and find enjoyment in our learning.
Pride: in our own achievement, the achievement of other people, in the school and our community and in the environment that we create.
Wellbeing: Every student in school to have a pastoral support system that is compassionate to their views and needs.